Tuesday, August 24, 2010

i'm grounded.

being constantly on-the-go is my way of life. can i multi-task like no one you've ever seen? you better believe it! it's in the Shim family genes (have you met my sister?!).

we are like oak trees- sturdy and resilient and dynamic- with many branches, constantly growing and free. happy to be blown by the wind, bud new leaves, change, face challenges and expand...and get rained on every now and then too.

for me personally, this means always juggling tasks, favors, chores, Facebook-time, texting, messaging, designing, shopping for plants, going to business meetings, forming new business opportunities, pitching new ideas, hosting dinner parties, and nurturing and growing our little family.

so when my dr tells me that i have to be on moderate 'bedrest' mode from hereon out (or until this baby pops out), this is something that i absolutely cannot comprehend. do nothing all day long? with my feet up, or laying down? with zero stress?

where most people would relish at the opportunity to be told to have to rest and not work- i am instead, panic-stricken and filled with more stress then i feel on a normal day-to-day basis! why-  i have things to do! i have to buy plants, plant plants, finish off projects, have people to see, meet with and plan with, i have to get up and go!

but i just can't.

so here i am- forcing myself to lounge, with my laptop, getting to the things i wouldn't normally be able to do- being my mobile self. like blogging! sourcing out great furniture and garden accessories, putting ninth grade keyboarding class skillz back to work by actually replying to emails on a normal size keyboard instead of a miniature Blackberry one- and learning to embrace this calm before the work and new baby storm starts again.

and in the meantime- succumbing to (temporarily) trading my crazy "oak tree identity" instead, for the like of the still towering redwood sequoias of Northern California...grounded- but at least happy and calm.

wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comments. your feedback is invaluable. happy planting!